Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Drunk again

Got drunk last night with an old friend, a new friend, and an Irish gentleman that I just met that night. There is an inverse relationship between how much one drinks and how intelligent the conversation is. The conversation devolved into a talk about how many dead Iraqis is equal to the magnitude of one dead American. I proffered that the answer was four.
"Fuck You!"
Repeated several times until the conversation slowly and awkwardly ground to a halt. It was 3 a.m. Time to go home.
I think that there is very little chance of having a mature discussion on US foreign policy with someone who is not from the States.
Nice guy though. Cool party; cool people.

1 comment:

  1. Well, for Canadians, circa 2005, it's actually 1047 Iraqis/1 Canadian. You need to look at currency exchange rate, relative skin shades, media citations, etc.. Anyways, I'm sure it's many more than 4 Iraqis for one United Statesian. Though personally (and I'm in the minority here), I feel we are all equal.

    ReplyDelete