Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Way to Keep it Classy, Korea!

When I lived in Uijongbu, I would walk alot in the countryside because I like to walk. On the main road to school was trash everywhere. There were very few places where you could see a meter without garbage. This wasnt a street people would generally walk on. It ran mostly through farms. No, gentle readers, this garbage came from people throwing it out of cars.
I dont know about where you come from, but in California, people....adults usually do not throw their trash wherever they want. Parents usually instill in their children that we need to keep our city clean and pretty. Korean parents obviously do not do this.
Last year, I was walking behind a father with two small kids with him. He, the father...an adult, threw his popsicle wrapper on the ground. I yelled at him and told him in Korean that trash doesnt go there. He picked it up and say "solly." I told him sarcastically that he was a good father.

2 comments:

  1. There are places in big American cities where, if you were to do that to one of the natives, you'd come away with a new hole in your nose. Glad nothing bad happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. You need to be carefull back in the States.

    ReplyDelete